Are you a person under age 18? Click here for helpful resources.
The Wounded Healer Journal does not offer crisis intervention or any other professional service. If you are in the care of a mental health professional, call them first since they are usually in the best position to understand your immediate needs.
If you are not in immediate crisis and desire to locate a mental health professional in your area, try the Who’s Who in Mental Health on the Web database, which contains practice descriptions of hundreds of social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and counselors around the world.
Please help us maintain an accurate resource. Report additions, broken links/non-working numbers by clicking here.
This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of crisis resources. Instead, it is meant as a starting point for you to explore.
are for residents of the U.S.
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (USA) 1-800-656-HOPE)
- Hopeline – 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) “THE HOPE LINE NETWORK 1-800-SUICIDE is not limited to use by depressed or suicidal callers. It is also a valuable resource for anyone concerned about someone who seems at risk, despondent, hopeless, or considering a self-destructive act.”
- SAMARITANS USA: http://www.mhnet.org/samaritans/
- SAMARITANS UK/IRELAND: http://www.samaritans.org.uk/
- Childhelp USA National Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- Covenant House Nineline is a 24-hour, toll-free crisis hotline which provides crisis intervention, referral and information services to homeless, runaway and other troubled youth and their families throughout the U.S. With a database of over 26,000 agencies, trained crisis counselors are able to refer callers to help in their own communities. Covenant House NINELINE 1-800-999-9999 TTY: 1-800-999-9915
- Boy’s Town (*Not* just for boys): 1-800-448-3000
- Kids Help Phone (Canada/Bilingue): 1-800-668-6868
- Tel-jeune (Canada/Bilingue): 1-800-263-2266
- Suicidology.org – Click the button labelled “Crisis Centers”
- Self-Help for Self-Injury by Anonymous:http://www.mindspring.com/~thefly/selfinjury.htm
- Secret Shame (Self-Injurers):http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html
- Befrienders – Gateway to to 1,700 suicide and emotional helplines worldwide and on the Net
- Childline (UK): 0800 1111 1111 – UK’s free national helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger
- Rape Crisis Federation (UK) 0115 934 8474
- Secret Shame: http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html
If you are in immediate danger, Call 911, your local crisis response line, or go to an Emergency Room